Kirby Recognizes the Importance of GREEN Buildings
The LEED® green building certification system is the preeminent program for rating the design, construction, and operation of green buildings. By using less energy, LEED®-certified buildings save money for families, businesses, and taxpayers; reduce greenhouse gas emissions; and contribute to a healthier environment for residents, workers, and the larger community.
LEED® certification provides independent, third-party verification that a building or community was designed and built using strategies aimed at achieving high performance in five key areas of human and environmental health: sustainable site development, water savings, energy efficiency, materials selection, and indoor environmental quality.
LEED®-certified buildings are designed to:
• Lower operating costs and increase asset value
• Reduce waste sent to landfills
• Conserve energy and water
• Be healthier and safer for occupants
• Reduce harmful greenhouse gas emissions
• Qualify for tax rebates, zoning allowances, and other incentives in hundreds of cities
Kirby recognizes the importance that Green buildings will have in the future and, with products provided by us, we can assist in contributing toward earning LEED® points.